Hey guys! Big, massive SPOILER WARNING for anyone who hasn’t received this box yet-I will be unboxing the February Illumicrate box in this post.
Have you all averted your eyes if you don’t wish to be spoiled? Great.
Now, first thing I noticed about this box? It was HEAVY. Which can only ever be a great thing because more weight = more BOOKS. Yep, this was the second Illumicrate box I received to have TWO BOOKS in it! *flails in joy and happiness*
Have a look at the gloriousness:
Why yes, that is an ARC you spot! An ARC of Red Sister by Mark Lawrence, to be exact. This fantasy looks sooo good and is about assassins so I’m automatically intrigued. Plus this is a hefty tome and I like a good, fat book!
And Wintersong by S.Jae-Jones. (Which I correctly predicted to my mum was going to be in this box!) I already had an early copy of this book from the publishers but I was super excited to get the signed bookplate and bookmark and my mum was super excited I was right in my guess because guess what’s going to be her mother’s day present now?!
Here is my full unboxing:
Along with the two books, this month we received:
- A Bare Necessities Pouch, exclusively designed by Literary Lifestyle Company. This cute pouch is hand-stitched and I am more than a little tempted to use it as an on the go make up bag. Or pencil case.
- A Magic and Mischief lipbalm, exclusively designed by Bookish Serendipity Co. This one is fairytale inspired and smells AMAZING. I never seem to have any lip balm (seriously, where do they all go? I swear I have a lip balm black hole in my apartment!) so this one was a perfect item for me!
- A Darker Shade of Magnets, exclusively designed by Her Bookish Things. Because we all need our daily inspo from Lila Bard herself. (Yes, I still need to read books 2 and 3, yes my TBR may just kill me in my sleep one day)
- A Newt Scamander bookmark, exclusively designed by Jane’s Tiny Things. We all know us book lovers obsessively collect and hoard bookmarks, so adding to that can only ever be a good thing!
- EXTRAS: Postcard from Gilded Cage, a sample of Flame in the Mist and a Following Ophelia bookmark.
It’s always hard to pick favourites, but this month I especially loved receiving an ARC, ARCs are hard to come by so it’s VERY exciting when you receive one in a box and it gives more people the chance to have one. I also looooved the lip balm and the pouch, as they’re both things that I can’t wait to use day to day.
Overall, this box was awesome and I can’t believe it was only Illumicrate’s 6th ever box as Daphne does such a great job! I’m already excited to get my hands on the May box, and if you are too, remember to use my code COSY10 when you’re ordering to get yourself a nice discount!
Did anyone else get this box, too? Let me know your thoughts!