“I volunteer as tribute!”
-Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games.
So, I was recently lucky enough to have been chosen to be a rep for the Nerdy Bookworm Box! I was absolutely thrilled…. But not as thrilled as when this arrived one summer’s day!!
WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THE AUGUST BOX!
*looks at the pretty packaging and sighs*
One thing that was very obvious from the start, was the amount of attention to details and care in putting these boxes together. The presentation was just gorgeous!
This month’s theme was: Dystopian.
- First of all, I’m loving the new, monthly mini-magazines called Owl Hoots that are included in each book! It’s such a novel way to see more information about each item included, as well as fun bits to read and this month included an interview with the author of the book included, as well!
- One of my favourite products in this box was The Glade Scent Pack- gorgeously fresh smelling wax melts, custom made for the box by Owlchemy and inspired by The Maze Runner.
Next, I pulled out:
- A Fire is Catching mug, designed by Nerdy Bookworm Box.
- Arrows and Anarchy Coffee. I liked the idea of the two products going together nicely! This flavour coffee was inspired by The Hunger Games (as is the mug) and created by Cracked Black Inc. It came with some useful instructions on how to use it either in a french press, or without, if you don’t have one, which again, was very handy and thoughtful!
[Cookies and candle not included… I just needed a snack. And pretty lighting.]
And here, we have:
- A Farenheit 451 poster, designed by Nerdy Bookworm box. I loved this print! I also loved the fact that it came from more of a classic book, mixing it up a bit! This print is really good quality, I’m thinking about framing it to put up in my library somewhere! It came in the box in a cute little scroll, tied up with blue string: Adorable!
- I’d rather be divergent keychain. This item was customised for this box by Fable and Black.
- The Factions magnetic bookmarks. Another one of my faves! These were designed by New Leaf and represent some of the five factions-I got Dauntless and Candor! These little bookmarks are gorgeous and great quality, with designs front and back. I’ll definitely be using these!
Annnnnd then… I found this beautifully wrapped book! It was actually wrapped a lot more perfectly than this, this is my *attempt* at recreating the lovely effect after unwrapping it in a state of enthused excitement when it first arrived!
See what I mean about the lovely attention to detail?! *sings* brown paper packages tied up with string, these are a few of my favourite thiiiiiings….
Anyway. Wrapped up, stickered, tied with cute blue string, which actually had an adorable little charm of an arrow on it, which I took off to string on a little silver chain and make a necklace from…. But it’s in a safe place so I couldn’t include it in the photo. A very safe place. *whispers* I’m not sure where I put it….
And the book was… Unplugged by Donna Freitas. A gorgeous YA hardback, set in App World-it sounds like a really unique dystopian book, and I can’t wait to read it!
So, here’s the full unboxing, all together with the hardback book, magazine and all 6 items that came with it:
The September box is unfortunately all sold out, but the theme for the October box has just been released and it’s…..
It will include a highly anticipated YA hardback novel, along with 5 goodies, one of which has been created by Out of Print. Nerdy Bookworm Box have also just announced that this box will be the first to include their new “quest cards” which unlock exclusive interactive content like games, videos, polls and more on their website so that you can: “experience the magic while reading that month’s book!”
It sounds really intriguing and they sell out fast, so get on it! The boxes are going on sale TODAY (2nd September.) So go go go! And use COSY10 to get yourself a 10% discount and my eternal gratitude!
Thanks for reading guys!
“May the odds be ever in your favour.”
-Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games.