Hey guys! I hope you’re all having a lovely weekend. I’m trying to be super organised and schedule a few blog posts ahead of time so you’ll be reading this in the future… Which is weird to think of!
I was nominated by Jaed at The Bibliophile Blogs to do The Sunshine Blogger Award-thank you!
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions to answer.
- Have you ever hated a book so bad you just want to throw it at a wall? If yes what book is it?
Ooh this is a strong question to begin with, I like it! That said, I’m actually not sure… I have very few books I DNFed and fewer that I hated. No, wait. A horrible, repressed memory just popped into my head. Paradise Lost by John Milton. Ughhhh I HATED that book! I had to read it for my degree in English Literature and woah was it hard going… I didn’t manage to read all of it in the end. Although I got a very high mark in my exam and essays thanks to some savvy googling… *looks smug* I also remember someone falling asleep in that class, too…
2. Pick one of the many fictional boyfriends/girlfriends you have and give the reason you picked him/her?
I’d pick Jamie Fraser so I could be Scottish, too and live in Scotland. *cries*
3. What’s your favorite quote from a book?
“You could rattle the stars.”
-Sarah J Maas, Throne of Glass.
4. Currently reading?
I’m currently reading The Sunrise by Victoria Hislop. I bought it second hand from a little English shop here in Spain and thought I could read it while my books are packed to move to the UK and leave it here after to not add any more to my luggage. Now I’m loving it and want to take it with me!
5. Favorite place to read?
Somewhere cosy, comfortable and quiet! I have been known to read: in bed, on the sofa, on the balcony, on a rug, on a hill, on a ruined castle wall, on the beach, on a bench, at the kitchen table, in Starbucks…
6. Who is your top 3 bookish youtuber?
My favourite booktubers are abookutopia and benjaminoftomes. I don’t watch too many booktubers because my wishlists for books on Amazon and the Book Depository are already INSANELY long from seeing too many gorgeous bookstagram accounts already!
7. Who is your top 3 NON bookish youtuber?
My favourite non-bookish youtubers are Zoella, Tanya Burr and Louise Pentland. I’m always open to new recs so feel free to add some in the comments!
8. Who is your favorite cartoon character?
Ahh this is a hard question! I’m such a girly girl I might just have to choose a Disney princess. Probably Belle because look at that library!
9. Do you have any pets?
Nope. But if I could choose one from a book, I’d choose Neil the puffling (fun fact: a baby puffin is called a puffling! Books teach me the coolest things…) from Little Beach Street Bakery. Or, Hedwig or Pigwidgeon from Harry Potter. Or, Butter from my own book… Who hopefully you guys will love as much as I do one day!
10. Favorite candy or snacks?
I love chocolate. I love Maltesers, Minstrels, Cadbury’s Chocolate Fingers and, more than anything, Viennese truffles from Thorntons. *swoons* I also love crisps… Thai sweet chilli, paprika and salt and vinegar are my favourite flavours… Oooh and nachos are great! So is anything with cheese. Especially melted cheese. And cake! And cookies… Annnnd now I’m hungry.
11. Favorite TV shows?
Game of Thrones. Definitely my number one favourite TV show. Season 6 has just blown my mind this year… I’m so nervous/excited/terrified for the finale. Especially after that last episode! I also love Outlander and Pretty Little Liars. And Sherlock. The TV shows I watch/binge watch tend to change depending on what I’m into at the time, but those 4 are pretty solid and have been for a while now.
- Do you enjoy rereading books? If so, which are the books you’ve reread the most?
- If you could kill any character, who would you kill?
- What’s on your summer TBR?
- What do you eat/drink while reading?
- Most anticipated 2016 release?
- Last book you DNFed?
- Popular series you haven’t read yet?
- Film or TV show you preferred to the book?
- Favourite animal/pet from a book?
- Most random place you’ve read a book?
- Which genres do you never read?
Christine at Wee Reader
Kate at Infinitely Novel
Mhay at Teariffic Books
And anyone else who wants to do this tag!
Thanks for reading guys!